Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 110g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon water
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a cupcake tin or line with patty cups.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture in two batches, stirring well. Gradually mix in the milk until smooth.
- Mix together the cocoa and water to form a paste.
- Spoon half of the cupcake mixture into a second bowl. Stir in the cocoa mixture until combined. Spoon mixture into the prepared tin, filling cups 3/4 full. Repeat with the vanilla cupcake mixture.
- Bake cupcakes for 20-25 minutes. They are done when they spring back to the touch. Top with your favourite icing.