- Here are some sources which help me conducted my survey. In other words, after reading these sources, I created focus question in the survey which is collected the information of participants.
- WHAT IS THE K IN K-POP? SOUTH KOREAN POPULAR MUSIC, THE CULTURE INDUSTRY, AND NATIONAL IDENTITY.
In the early 2010’s. the expansion of South Korean popular culture around the world is led by popular music, usually known as K-pop. In this paper I seek to answer two questions. First, what are the sources of its success beyond the South Korean national border? Secondly, what does it say about contemporary South Korean society and culture?
- CONSTRUCTING CULTURALLY PROXIMATE SPACES THROUGH SOCIAL NETWORK SERVICES: THE CASE STUDY OF HALLYU (KOREAN WAVE) IN TURKEY.
This study aims to understand the factors and actors of Hallyu (Korean Wave) in Turkey in the context of the characteristic cultural and technological conditions of network society. Two contextual factors-time and space-motivate this particular case study. In addition, this case study is also interesting because of the shared historical and cultural heritages maintaining and developing cultural linkages between South Korea and Turkey. us, this study contextualizes the Hallyu phenomenon in the context of historical, cultural, and technological relations between the two countries.
- CONTEMPORARY KOREAN CINEMA: CHALLENGES AND THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE PLANET HALLYUWOOD
This article examines how the South Korean cinema has undergone a transformation from an ‘antiquated cottage industry’ in the 1980s into a thriving international cinema— albeit with a host of new challenges and tensions—in the ‘post-boom’ years of the 2000s right up to the present. Additionally, this article canvasses the key issues and concerns addressed in the thought-provoking pieces included in this special themed issue of Acta Koreana and how they elaborate on the dynamic and complex links between the Korean cinema’s pioneering developments in the aesthetic, textual, industry, audience, critical, policy and historical fields, and their impact on the transformation of what we have come to call ‘Planet Hallyuwood’.
- THE EFFECTS OF TELEVISION VIEWING, CULTURAL PROXIMITY, AND ETHNOCENTRISM ON COUNTRY IMAGE
We explored the effect of viewing Korean drama miniseries television programs, along with cultural proximity and ethnocentrism, on Japanese and Chinese television watchers’ perceptions of Korea. Furthermore, this positive attitude yielded higher levels of behavioral intentions such as visiting Korea or buying Korean products. Cultural proximity was also found to be a significant variable in predicting positive attitudes toward Korea.
- KOREA VS. K-DRAMALAND: THE CULTURALIZATION OF K-DRAMAS BY INTERNA TIONAL FANS
South Korean television dramas, K-Dramas, initiated the Korean Wave, Haltyu, in the late 1990s. Furthermore, most researchers analyze K-Dramas as products inscribed by “Korean culture” or “society-,” an approach that relies on an under- standing of “cultures” and “societies” as discrete, homogenous, locally bounded entities.
- THE ROLE OF HALLYU IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF EAST ASIAN REGIONAL IDENTITY VIENNA
Ethnographic research in Vienna from 2009 to 2010 revealed how East Asians construct a collective regional identity by consuming Korean popular culture, known as hallyu. Unlike conventional studies of immigration, which focus largely on assimilation and integration in the new society and culture, this paper shows how immigrants construct their independent identities across national borders, and how advanced technology enables them to choose cultural content that evokes Asian values arid sentiments. Hallyu thus informs their identity construction as East Asians in Europe.
- Regarding communication plan, I use Twitter and WordPress, I updated the information about the survey, then called help from other students come from BCM212 or not. I continue to engage stakeholders by re-up the status on Twitter. As a result, this is not surprising that almost the participant is the fan of Korea, which is attractive them in my survey.
- I have to submit an assignment and also have a test before Easter Holiday and Recess Week, so my plan was to finish these missions first, and after that I will update my survey and waiting for the result for a week, it means I will collect the information on Friday, through the day from Monday, I will star another assignment for other subjects.
- The risk things which occurred is that I was sick for three days so I tired to do anything. But I still have enough time to manage the project after I feel better.
- My group questions focus on people who have interested in Korea’s entertainment so that they can have information about my topic. Moreover, if they are fans of Korea’s entertainment, they will easy to answer the question and so that it does not take too much time for them. There is no doubt that if you do the survey with the topic you interest on, it’s not the survey anymore, it will become an entertainment quiz.
Brian, Y Shim, A 2011, ‘Contemporary Korean cinema: challenges and the transformation of ‘planet hallyuwood’’, Acta Korean, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1-15.
Chong-Jin O, Young-Gil C, ‘Constructing Culturally Proximate Spaces through Social Network Services: The Case of Hallyu (Korean Wave) in Turkey’, ULUSLARARASIiLiŞKiLER, Cilt 10, Sayı 38, Yaz 2013, pp. 77 – 99.
Lie, J 2012, ‘What is the K in K-pop?South Korean Popular Music, the Culture Industry, and National Identity’, Korea Observe, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 339-363.
Loise, S 2012, ‘The Role of Hallyu in the Construction of East Asian Regional Identity in Vienna’, European of Journal of East Asian Studies, Vol. 10, pp. 155-171.
Marison,S 2013, ‘Korea vs. K-Dramaland: The Culturalization of K-Dramas by International Fans’ Acta Korean, vol. 16,no. 2, pp. 367-397.
Yoo, JW, 2014, ‘The effects of television viewing, cultural proximity, and ethnocentrism on country image’, Social behavior and personality, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 89-96.
Oh, it’s not finished 🙂 Regarding the result of my survey, Goblin is the K-dramas which makes not only Korean fans but also international fans being crazy for a long time, and also occupied the high rate in my result for the question ‘What is your favorite Korean film?’. Here is the best OST that I love from this drama