Yuma nakamura, Atlas of Japanese Ostracon(Kitaama Igano, Minamiawaji-sji, Hyogo).
- Describe the works: what are the components that make up the exhibit (e.g. still photographs, video stills, screen works, sound etc.)
This exhibition showed the pieces of ancient pottery and ancient book and pictures which are placed in the glass table and also included screen works with sound.
- How are these elements displayed? (e.g. projected, framed and mounted on wall, LCD screens in a particular configuration etc.)
These elements were displayed in a LCD screen and the sound. They have two part, one side have LCD screen with one glass table, on the other side(room), they showed 3 wall for 3 glass tables.
- What do these individual components convey?
Each individual component was placed with the pottery around the picture or a book.
- Describe the relationship between the components. For example, do the images work as single images, as a series, or as a sequence? How do multiple still images relate to the video/ moving image works?
The components work as a sequence of the sound, the pictures in LCD screen and also for the ceramic. The special thing is that when the sound like the pieces of ceramic touch together which create this sound then the picture in the LCD screen was changed.
- If the work includes objects, what are these and how are they displayed? How do they relate to images?
The work included numerous pictures and ceramic. The sound related to the pictures and the topic. As I said before, what do the images works as single moving images which connect to the sound “crack..crack..” like a pottery sound.
- Without consulting the didactic panel, describe the intention and the subject of the work.
The intention and the subject of the work is to showed the picture of ceramic and also showed the pieces of ancient cpottery with images and books.
- What does the work mean to you? Explain which elements influence your interpretation.
The elements which influence my interpretation is the sound related to the picture showed in the screen. The work mean to me when I saw the ancient ceramic and the images I though that had to collected in their own idea and research in a long time, they inspired me to do my project.
- These works all perform some kind of mapping, what does the work you have chosen to analyse map? What medium does it use to map?
Maps the location of Meiji, Morse and around the country then collected ceramic from their regions of origin. It uses images, sound and LCD screen.